A great opportunity has arisen for a 3.5 Ton Van Driver for our clients Farnborough depot. The main purpose of this role will be to drive a van delivering small tools and equipment to customers and construction sites. You will ensure safe transportation of goods to and from various destinations efficiently whilst adhering to all legal requirements of Road Safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Must hold a full current driving licence
- Must have experience of driving a LWB van for work
- Should have good geographical knowledge of Hampshire, Surrey area although some deliveries may take you further towards London
- Collection and delivery of goods as stated on paperwork
- Ensure that tachograph rules are adhered to at all times
- Report any vehicle defects to management
- Must be fit and active as you will be loading and unloading machinery from the van
- Some experience of operating plant machinery would be an advantage
- Required to drive up to a 3.5T vehicle
You will be required to collect and deliver during times of high pressure to meet deadlines, whilst working safely and efficiently. Confident in securing loads and driving various items of small tools and plant equipment. To be suited to this role you will have experience of driving a van for work, have a willing and enthusiastic character.
Salary: depending on experience. Over time may be required on occasions.